There are so many different symptoms of gut issues – ranging from excruciating pain, to discomfort, to bloating. Bloating isn’t always painful but the discomfort can be life altering to say the least. Most often bloating is harmless but can sometimes be an indication of something more serious – in that case it is always best to consult your physician.
Are you experiencing regular bloating? Often we think our ‘skinny’ days are the ones that aren’t common… it should be the opposite! We should feel comfortable in our skin more often than not… if we’re eating the right things.
Full transparency — I’m not a medical professional but I have had extensive personal experience in bloating and so many other gut issues, I’ve done my research and as a nutrition coach I have a knowledgeable view on the subject.
Here are few signs / symptoms causing your bloating:
- Eating too much
- Eating high fiber foods (beans, legumes etc)
- Eating certain cruciferous vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts etc)
- Eating fatty foods
- Drinking carbonated beverages
- Intestinal disorders (IBS, Crohn’s, Colitis etc)
- Food allergies
- Celiac disease (gluten intolerance)
- Lactose intolerance
You may have one of the above symptoms or something else, either way here are a few tricks to help you debloat – more permanently:
- Eat slower
- Avoid carbonated beverages
- Smaller portion sizes
- Reduce fatty food intake
- Steam your vegetables
- Figure out which foods cause you the most discomfort – and limit or stop eating them all together
- Some natural remedies include pepperment or chamomile tea, fresh ginger and pumpkin
- Supplements that can help include probiotics and digestive enzymes
The list above can be summed up to say eat more mindfully, pay attention to what you’re putting in your body. By paying closer attention to what you’re eating you have the ability to see what foods may trigger the greatest discomfort.
I hope you find this list to be informative and helpful in some way! There are many different ways to approach gut issues, the best one for you will be whatever solution you’re comfortable with, the best long term fix is the one you’re willing to stick to on a consistent basis!!
Not sure where to start? Download my free 3 Day Gut Restore here!
“Gut health is the key to overall health”
SIGN UP + NEVER MISS A POST